Sunday, October 26, 2014

One Week!

One week to go!

I cannot believe the race is a week away. Last week I bought new shoes - thanks to the great people at Runner's Alley. I love my Mizunos, but their shoelaces are too short in the last few models. Annoying. Still love their shoes.

My cousin and I also bought cute running skirts for the big race. I am really glad to support a fellow running mom. You can check her out at Chasethisskirt on Etsy.

My training this week is just two days of 2-3 miles. I am holding onto hope that my training is solid enough to survive the hilly course and earn a time that I am secretly hoping for.

I have my three goals set - I kind of look at it like applying for colleges. I have a "safety" goal I am confident I will reach barring unforeseen circumstances - to finish the race. My "comfortable" goal - one I really should be able to meet - is to beat my Disney time. And my "reach" goal - well, I will just let you know I make it. Some things I need to keep to myself.

I am honestly really excited for next week - I am looking forward to hanging with my family and seeing how well I can do. I am also looking forward to going back to just running and not training.

So, one week! Stay tuned.

1 comment: